This Analyzing Evidence of the Pearl Harbor Attack interactive also includes:
Don some detective caps and delve into the past to explore the evidence left behind after the attack on Pearl Harbor. An interesting activity uses primary sources to explore how the United States Navy was caught off guard and how the attack was planned. Scholars work in pairs to analyze the evidence, complete a worksheet, and discuss their findings in group discussion.
- Use the activity to introduce causes of World War II
- Share survivors' experiences of the Pearl Harbor attack
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity provides links with additional resources to enhance learning
- The resource is a great opportunity to practice historical analysis