This Analyzing Jackie Robinson's White House Letter interactive also includes:
Jackie Robinson: A hero on and off the field. An eye-opening activity focuses on Jackie Robinson's social activism during and after the civil rights movement. Academics read a letter addressed to President Nixon, answer questions, and participate in group discussion to understand how Mr. Robinson continued to fight for equality his entire life.
- As a group, create a list of Jackie Robinson's achievements
- Have pupils write a newspaper article based on the life of Robinson
- Requires Internet access to complete the written assignment
- Resource is great to use during Black History Month
- The activity is easily adaptable for remote learning