In many households across the country, GMOs are a big no-no. Is our mistrust of genetically-engineered food misguided? Biology scholars examine the facts with an animated video from the Kurzgesagt playlist. Topics include the history of selective breeding, types of GMOs, and the potential outcomes of continued GMO development and use.
- Include the video in a genetics unit or in a lesson about food sources and sustainable agriculture
- Ask learners to perform a scavenger hunt at home and record food labels that contain GMO information
- Pupils should be aware of basic genetic terms and concepts for the resource to make an impact
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Presents an unbiased view of GMOs and discusses both the good and bad aspects of them
- Charming illustrations keep the content light-hearted and fun