This Bacteria Take Over and Down lesson plan also includes:
Bacteria outnumber all other forms of life on Earth. Scholars observe the growth of bacteria in petri dishes to understand their role in maintaining good health. Then, they observe the growth of bacteria after they introduce metals—making a connection to the use of metals in antibiotics and antibacterial products.
- Stress all safety procedures each day to prevent injury and plumbing issues
- Prepare agar solution and store in the refrigerator the day before the activities
- It takes one or two days to start each experiment then four to six days of observation before the conclusion
- Includes many extension ideas for both portions of the lesson
- Offers background information for both the teacher and pupils