This Benne Cakes and Other Holiday Recipes lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Benne Cakes, a West African treat packed with sesame seeds for luck, are a featured part of the celebration of Kwanzaa. Young chefs try their hand at crafting these goodies that are sure to enrich your holiday feast.
2 Collections 8 Views 12 Downloads
- The resource lists all the ingredients of the benne cakes so that you can check for any dietary restrictions
- The linked website also offers recipes of other traditional African American foods like sweet potato pie, southern fried okra, and peanut soup
- Links are provided for Chanukah and Ramadan recipes as well
- The activity presumes you have access to an oven to bake the cakes