This Civil War Personalities: Individual Examples of Character lesson plan also includes:
What is a hero? What is character? Using biographies of figures during the Civil War, both famous and lesser known, scholars consider these questions. After brainstorming what they think makes a hero, they examine the lives of those who demonstrated character during the war.
- Use profiles of figures in the Civil War to discuss character, courage, and heroism
- Class members need some background on the Civil War
- Confederate biographies are included
- Biographies focus mainly on white men
- Lesson is relatable and stimulates real-world discussion among class members
- Structure of the resource makes it easy to adapt to a variety of time periods