This Valentine's Day, add a touch of festive flair to your math lesson with a booklet that combines counting, reading, and a sweet treat. Young mathematicians read a poem, count candy hearts, and record the amount of each color found.
43 Views 30 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have colored pencils, crayons, or markers available for scholars to color with and write corresponding numbers
- Assign the worksheet during a math rotation, have an adult supervise for assistance and keep candy consumption at an appropriate rate
- Send the book home along with a small bag of candy for learners to work on with their family members
- Check to see if candy hearts, or other candy you wish to use, contain any ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in your classroom
- The pages are well-designed and clearly formatted
- Font is large and easy to read