This Creating a Design Concept lesson plan also includes:
Putting together information gained from their script analysis, their readings, and their research, groups create a conceptual design statement for their assigned scene. The statement explains how their scenic design creates the mood and feeling they want the scene to express.
- Enlarge and laminate the photos for reuse
- Post a variety of images of sets about the classroom
- The third in a 10-lesson unit on set design
- Requires extra prep time to collect the required materials, which include an excerpt of music from Schindler's List, a dried flower, a visual of a set design, and an apple
- The step-by-step plan models that design process