This Creating a Historic Site Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
What makes a place historic? Using events from their own lives, learners consider this question, then deem places from their world historic. They then curate the experience for visitors, creating signs and other materials for their historic sites.
- Ask students to evaluate the significance of historical sites using the discussion questions provided
- Create class historic sites to evaluate why some events are deemed important
- Supplies such as posters, markers, and access to the Internet may be required
- Lesson involves interdisciplinary modes of instruction and creativity
- Resource's time frame can be easily adjusted to fit the needs of class time