D-Day was the Allies' biggest gamble of World War II. Using photos and footage from the war, the video teaches pupils about the invasion of Normandy and why it was a crucial—but risky—undertaking for the Allied forces. Viewers see how the battle unfolded and how the Allies were ultimately successful.
- Use the video to introduce learners to D-Day and the invasion of Normandy
- Pair the video with a hands-on activity on D-Day
- The themes of war and violence may not be appropriate for all age groups
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses archival footage and photos to explain D-Day
- Clearly explains the importance of D-Day and how the battle progressed