Guide young readers through their first book report with a story map designed for a Dr. Seuss book. After your class finishes their story of choice, they list the title, characters, conflict, and other elements of literature on the book report form.
- Use in a literature circles activity after each group reads the same Dr. Seuss book
- Laminate the worksheet for use in a literary center or group activity
- Change the title of the worksheet to make it work for any short story or book in your curriculum
- The font is cute, but a little hard to read
- Be sure to choose Dr. Seuss books that have an identifiable plot structure; some are better examples than others
- Graphic organizer format makes the activity versatile and accessible for learners of all reading levels
- Covers the basic elements of a short story