This Entrepreneurs in Mesopotamia activity & project also includes:
While ancient Mesopotamia didn't have the TV show "Shark Tank," it was a time of entrepreneurship as workers began to specialize. Both individual workers and the societal structure encouraged individuals to consider how they could maximize their profit in the developing economy. A simulation that places pupils as textile artisans and background reading help learners understand how the economic structure developed and how it applies to the modern world.
- Use the collaborative activity to explore the rewards and challenges of entrepreneurship in Mesopotamia
- Extend the game through a class discussion on risk and reward in modern economics
- Fifth of 23 lesson plans from the Council for Economic Education
- Activity and reading are adaptable to a variety of learners
- Hands-on game is interesting to a diverse group of pupils
- PowerPoint slide essentially repeats a chart in the handout