This Equations Involving Algebraic Fractions (Advanced) video also includes:
Everyone seems to freeze when they see a fraction! Give your classes a lesson to watch and rewatch until they are comfortable with the process of solving rational equations. A video presenter demonstrates solving two rational equations. Both include adding rational expressions on one side and an integer on the other.
- Pause the video after presenting the second problem; ask pupils to try to solve before showing the solution steps
- Begin with a review of finding common denominators of fractions with integer denominators
- Expects proficiency with adding and subtracting fractions
- Includes every step of the process of solving
- Incorporates color to highlight important steps when solving