This Evaluating Historical Presidential Campaign Ads lesson plan also includes:
Political ads flood the airwaves each election cycle. An activity including more than a dozen political ads from iconic presidential campaigns helps learners unpack how the sausage gets made during election "silly season." Using the clips and a chart, class members consider the tactics used in each advertisement.
- Use a graphic organizer to evaluate the effectiveness of political ads
- Offer extension activities to compare history and contemporary advertisements for presidential candidates
- Each class member needs to be able to watch the ads
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Ads are intriguing primary sources
- Activities are easily adaptable for any election or adverstisement