What was it like to be on the receiving end of Confederate shells in Fort Sumter? Learners get a sense of what the bombardment that began the Civil War on April 12, 1861 was like in this video resource. Resource includes footage of historical pictures of Fort Sumter.
- Use the clip and a writing prompt to ask individuals to reflect on what it must have been like to be at the engagement
- Offer the video during instruction on Fort Sumter
- Video is third is a series of seven about Fort Sumter
- Video helps learners see the battle unfold
- Clip is curated to allow for a variety of classroom uses
- Speakers are not labeled, making it difficult to judge the reliability of information