Young mathematicians use a bell and hammer to see how high or low the puck goes. Then, they order the fractional values to demonstrate the greatest to lowest hit. Students then respond to several questions that require them to use evidence from their activity.
- Use as an instructional tool or as supplemental material for a lesson on comparing fractions with lowest common denominator
- Ensure all users have access to a free CK-12 account to interact with the resource
- The learn more link allows for greater elaboration on the topic
- Allows pupils to interact with the manipulatives throughout problem solving
- Uses a combination of short answer and multiple choice questions