This Fractions Are Parts video also includes:
Cut it up into parts and make fractions. The short video provides a definition of fractions as being a representation of parts of a whole. Using drawings, the presentation shows how to determine the bottom and top numbers for a fraction as they relate the number of equal parts of a figure.
- Stress the importance that the parts must be the same size
- Lead a discussion on how to represent fractions on the number line
- Pupils should be comfortable with dividing shapes
- Includes a video that shows how to arrive at the answers in the worksheet
- Contains several opportunities for practice