Scholars have an opportunity to use their geometric modeling skills. Pupils determine a reasonable estimate of the number of string beans that would fill the average human body.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have individuals begin the problem and after a few minutes, bring the class back together to share approaches
- Bring in a basket of string beans to compare relative sizes
- Individuals should be comfortable using geometric figures to model real-world objects
- Includes a sample problem with calculations used
- Provides a suggestion to use an upper and lower bound strategy