A solid, straightforward book report form is an excellent addition to your literature unit. Class members note the main characters, point of view, plot elements, and other important details from a story, adding their favorite part from the story at the end.
- Modify and use the activity as a book report form for any other book or story in your curriculum
- Have pupils work together in literature circles to complete each section
- Encourage learners to include evidence from the text in their short answers
- Even though the title of the worksheet refers to Elvira Woodruff's story, George Washington's Socks, the rest of the worksheet is not specific to the book, and could be used with any fictional work
- Addresses a variety of reading comprehension skills
- Requires youngsters to read critically and note important details