Learning about research can be as important as learning about the topic itself. As ninth graders continue their guided research projects from Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation, they discuss their possible inquiry paths with group members and continue independent searches in which they assess, evaluate, and annotate relevant sources.
- Refer to the blue instructional tips throughout the lesson for implementation and enrichment ideas
- Combine digital literacy skills with the research process by hosting student portfolios online, either in Google Drive or another accessible drive
- Consider combining or condensing the steps in the research process, including the other lessons in the unit, depending on the needs and attention level of learners
- Uses worksheets and journals from previous lessons in the 12-part unit; page 3 lists the locations of each
- The second part of a module that focuses on the novel
- Focuses on the importance of word choice and vocabulary in the research process
- Emphasizes group work and discussion as an integral part of the research project