How does additional daylight hours affect people and nature? With the help from the legend Maui and the Sun and a grand conversation, scholars complete a graphic organizer to distinguish between the positive and negative effects that increased daylight has on us and the world in which we live.
- Post focus questions on a classroom blog for learners to discuss at home prior to the lesson or in class when time permits
- Visit the library or search on mobile learning devices to find additional information on solar energy
- Direct pupils to investigate the energy sources at their home and report whether or not their appliances use solar energy
- The lesson was designed to accompany the legend, Maui and the Sun
- The extension activity requires a solar calculator
- Provides a synopsis of the story
- The lesson plan is clear and written in detail