This How Do Focus Groups Work? instructional video also includes:
Do you have a favorite candy bar? Or cereal? Or brand of ice cream? You may be an ideal participant in a focus group! A short, informative video teaches high schoolers about the history of focus groups in both the political and advertising world, as well as the ways they discern the psychology behind consumer preferences.
- Have class members run focus groups from members of another grade about particular school policies, prizes in a fundraiser, or decisions for the school government to make
- Include in a lesson about types of research and the psychology of surveys
- Try to find videos or reports of real focus groups for products with which learners are familiar
- Assessment pops up right after the video is finished
- Provides a quick assessment and discussion questions
- Breaks down a complicated topic in an understandable way