This How One Journalist Risked Her Life to Hold Murderers Accountable video also includes:
A short video on Ida B. Wells introduces viewers to the work of this fearless investigative journalist whose articles about lynchings focused the country's attention on countless murders of African Americans.
3 Views 4 Downloads
- Include in a unit about notable journalists, during February's Black History Month, or March's Women's History Month
- Have class members research the progress of legislation to make lynching a federal crime
- Have groups investigate New Hampshire's use of hanging as a secondary method of execution
- Establish a protocol for a safe, respectful discussion of the topic
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, suggestions for further research, and a discussion prompt