This Human Impact on the Food Web of Santa Cruz Island lesson plan also includes:
What happens when a non-native species is introduced onto an island? Santa Cruz Island, part of the Channel Island chain located off the coast of southern California, provides the perfect laboratory for young environmental scientists to study the effects of just such a scenario. Groups create food webs for the different species found on and flow charts that show how humans have impacted the environment of the island.
- Have groups expand their research to include the current state of the restoration project and its impact on their species
- Assumes class members have seen the documentary West of the West
- Rather than a developed lesson plan, the resource mainly outlines the project
- The three-page resource includes a brief plan, guiding questions, and suggestions for three different projects
- No rubrics for the projects are included