Take learning out into the world by asking your pupils to accompany a parent or guardian to the grocery store and complete this exercise. Kids circle the food items they see and then color them when they get back home.
40 Views 33 Downloads
- If it seems too difficult for your learners to make it to the grocery store, set up a classroom grocery store with real or fake food (or even pictures of food) and have kids go on a shopping trip
- Include this activity as part of a unit on food and food groups
- This could be used or adapted for use in an ELD classroom for a unit on the grocery store or food groups
- The images of the food items are high quality
- Includes a nice variety of food and food-related items for kids to find