Discovering the main idea in fiction is like uncovering buried treasure; one must persevere to locate it, and the reward is priceless. Scholars delve deep into leveled stories using three questions to aid in identifying the main idea.
221 Views 185 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Direct learners to keep the main idea lesson's sticky-notes in their interactive notebook to reference at a later time
- Instruct learners to find the main idea of their independent reading book on a regular basis to reinforce comprehension
- If bringing in edible treats, take classroom allergies into consideration
- Provides tactile representation of the concept—main idea
- May be used alongside any literature class members are currently reading