This If You Give...Series Teaching Guide activities & project also includes:
If you give teachers a few good ideas, they can really bring a story to life. Included in this resource are dozens of activities to use as your class reads books in the If You Give... series. From holding puppet shows and creating comic strips, to building kites and baking cookies, there are more than enough ideas to engage your class in the reading of these entertaining stories. Though not a complete lesson or curriculum, these ideas can be used to supplement your teaching of the literary concepts found in these books.
- Wide variety of activities with interdisciplinary connections
- Adaptable to Common Core State Standards
- Activities engage students in reading
- Not all activities are academic
- Some activities require significant prep time