Curated and Reviewed by Lesson Planet
This In Her Shoes: Lois Weber and the Female Filmmakers Who Shaped Early Hollywood lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Lois Weber has been forgotten. So have Dorothy Davenport Reid, Gene Gauntier, and many others. High school sleuths use advanced search engines to investigate these women and discover clues to their disappearance from filmography and cinematography.
9 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Before the lesson, instructors should examine the Teacher's Guide, the Glossary of Terms for Film Discussion and Analysis, and preview "Shoes"
- Prepare to stream the film in the classroom during March's Women's History Month
- Requires copies and projection for the film
- The "Shoes" film is 47 minutes long
- The captions are in English and French
- Includes a carefully scaffolded and richly detailed plan
- Discussion questions guide class members' research
- Offers a variety of assessment options
Start Your Free Trial
Save time and discover engaging curriculum for your classroom. Reviewed and rated by trusted, credentialed teachers.Try It Free