This Indian Nations vs. Settlers on the American Frontier: 1786–1788 interactive also includes:
Once Americans won the Revolutionary War, their quest to gain land did not end. An interesting activity focuses on Americans' expansion into the frontier following the war and how it conflicted with Native Americans living in the area. Scholars read documents from Native American tribes and a territorial governor to gain an understanding of how their viewpoints differed. Academics complete the activity with a series of written questions and discuss cultural differences in a group discussion.
- Compare and contrast the struggles of Native Americans to other minority groups in the United States
- Have learners write newspaper articles describing the struggles between Native Americans and settlers on the frontier
- The activity is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource provides instructions for the educator
- Activity highlights Native American history