A picture is worth a thousand words. Help your class out with some of those words with a video about drawing inferences from reading passages, images, and other media. The resource focuses on the supporting details of each passage as a way to determine the main idea.
- Have your class scan the comic pages of the newspaper to find additional examples of main ideas that are not directly stated
- Copy the reading passages onto a handout to make review and reference easier
- Some of the examples are a little scary (one is about scaring a baby in a psychological experiment, another is about a dog eating other dogs)
- Video is a good length for homework or independent viewing in a computer lab
- Provides reading passages and cartoons to demonstrate the concept
- Video is not very engaging
- Slides with reading passages include too much text