This Insects: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly unit plan also includes:
What would the world be like with no insects? Ponder this question using a research-based STEM unit that encourages scholars to investigate insects from both a beneficial and hazardous perspective. They learn about insect behaviors, anatomy, taxonomy, and ecological importance. The unit stresses the scientific method through experiments and a final project presentation.
- Invite an entomologist to speak to your class
- Requires prior knowledge of research methods, word processing, slideshows, and spreadsheets
- Carefully consider the group assignments to reduce conflict
- Includes links to mobile apps that align with the curriculum
- Offers many ideas for differentiating the unit for resource students, gifted pupils, and ELLs
- Provides rubrics and samples of each step in the research process