This Joseph Had a Little Overcoat lesson plan also includes:
- Reading List
- Join to access all included materials
Create a cross-curricular learning experience based on the children's book Joseph Had a Little Overcoat with this collection of learning activities. Starting with a class reading of the story, children go on to learn about the sequence of events by working backward through the story, recreating Joseph's overcoat. A number of additional activities are suggested for connecting this piece of literature to a study of music, history, and geography. Though intended for use with a video recording of the story, this lesson plan can just as easily be used with a class reading of the book during a primary grade literature unit on folk tales.
- Includes learning activities that enhance children's understanding of the story
- Resource offers a list of other folk tales to consider reading
- Requires a copy of the book Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback
- Teachers must develop their own procedure for reading the story with their class