Exposing learners to the power of words in poetry is a stimulating way to learn languages. Songs, haikus, rhyming words, and narrative works are all employed in a resource for teaching English as a Second Language.
164 Views 123 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use this resource as a supplemental assignment to poetry writing lessons
- Ask class members to volunteer to share their poems
- Lesson can be used in general or ESL classes
- Copy the handouts back-to-back to save paper
- Tailor the worksheets to use in any language acquisition class
- Great tool to build writing, reading, fluency, and speaking skills