This Lesson 26: HIV/AIDS & Other STDs - Day 3: HIV/AIDS lesson plan also includes:
The third instructional activity in the three-part series on HIV/AIDS and other STDs considers how these diseases are passed, how to protect against them, and risky and safe behaviors. The discussion of condom use and sexual behaviors are explicit.
- Due to the mature nature of much of the material in the three-lesson series, preview all the resources and consider whether appropriate for your learning situation
- Many schools require parent notifications of discussions of sex and human sexuality
- The third in a series of three lessons on HIV/AIDS and other STDs
- The 16-page resource includes a scripted lesson, detailed activities, transparencies, worksheets, and a parent letter
- The resource, published in 1991, identifies AIDS as caused by a "germ/virus"