This Women's Lives Before the Civil War lesson plan also includes:
Women's lifestyles before the Civil War made a huge impact as a point of causation. Give middle schoolers the opportunity to view firsthand the lives of women before the Civil War. They analyze primary source documents, view photographs, and learn how women helped to spark the anti-slavery movement.
- Assign small groups to research one category of primary resources and have these groups present their findings to the class
- To differentiate for ELLs, consider giving them additional visual aids
- Consider putting pupils into small groups during their research for enhanced learning
- A variety of primary sources help young historians learn through multiple mediums and texts
- Suggestions for enhanced learning and assessments help make testing easier