Why Lesson Planet?
Take a virtual trip to see other countries and cultures! After learning about different cultures and populations, English learners think about a place they'd like to visit. Small groups or individuals plan a trip to a country of their choice using a variety of resources and considerations.
- Have kids work on their project throughout a semester, or during a unit about travel
- Encourage English learners to practice their travel-specific vocabulary in the project
- Prompts kids to think about different aspects of travel, including weather and foreign embassies
- Includes numerous websites for kids to use in their research
- Assessments include authentic tasks for kids to complete, such as a travel journal
- Offers opportunities for kids to learn more about their countries of origin
- Main project page is not available, but the overview of the lesson could be great inspiration
What Members Say
- Jay I., Teacher
- Marshall, NC