This Life Before the Civil War lesson plan also includes:
American life before the Civil War was very different from American life today. To show this difference in a full spectrum, learners compare two communities that illustrate the differences between Northern and Southern life. Throughout the fourth installment of a five-part series, they discover everything from different entrepreneurship strategies of the time to different styles of music based on region.
- Differentiate for ELLs by providing them with pictures of activities for comparison where needed
- Consider putting scholars into groups and assigning each to one category for analysis
- Preparation time includes either printing out various resources or ensuring pupils have Internet access and a computer to view the resources needed
- Multiple types of texts give you a lot of sources for a compare and contrast analysis
- A variety of assessment and extending learning options provide flexibility