This Listening During a Conversation lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What does active listening look like? Learners identify basic rules for listening carefully to others, such as maintaining eye contact and commenting appropriately, and then evaluate different examples of conversations on a worksheet to determine whether the children involved are really listening to their partners.
- Craft the rules of listening into a larger poster that can be displayed in your classroom throughout the year; include images of each rule to support more visual learners
- Provide learners with a list of sentence frames they can utilize as they practice conversing with classmates
- Covers multiple social skills, including communication, self-control, and listening
- Simple, straightforward worksheet