This Macromolecules lesson plan also includes:
Finally, a chance for the class to play with their food! Allow pupils to simulate stomach acid with common foods, and introduce specific macromolecules into the mixture to explore characteristics of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins. Dinner may never look the same.
- Have the class investigate how time of death is determined by using stomach contents as a method for research
- Instruct learners to analyze the healthiness of food items as they participate in a show and tell with common items brought from home
- Prior knowledge of atomic models and bonding is necessary
- Uses common food as ingredients
- Relates to daily functions of the body and can be applied to individuals' everyday eating patterns