This Memorializing Abraham Lincoln in Washington, DC interactive also includes:
The legacy of President Lincoln continues to endure. Scholars view images of three statues that have been created to honor President Lincoln. Academics analyze the three images and share their findings in a group discussion format. Young historians also complete a worksheet to understand how each statue represents a different aspect of Lincoln's life and personality.
- Compare Lincoln's statue to other historical monuments such as Mount Rushmore
- Guide a group discussion on Lincoln's impact on American democracy
- Activity requires Internet access
- Activity is perfect for remote learning
- The resource is a great way to end a unit on the Civil War