This Modeling Division of Fractions lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Provide a meaningful context for learning about the division of fractions with this upper-elementary math instructional activity. Presented with a simple, real-world problem, young mathematicians work in small groups to develop visual models that help them to find a solution.
- Add this lesson to an upper-elementary or middle school math unit on fractions
- Create a worksheet that students can use to record their solutions to the guided practice problems
- If possible, give learners the option of using fraction manipulatives to model the math problems in this lesson
- Lesson provides suggestions for extending learning and differentiating instruction
- Offers writing prompts that students can respond to in their math journals