This Molecular Sorting interactive also includes:
Can scientists sort molecules based on their interaction with oil and water? The simulation demonstrates how this is possible. Pupils decide when to insert a molecule and observe how they sort themselves based on polarity.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create something similar to this float and sink bottle to compare to molecular sorting
- Challenge scholars to find a stable number of molecules so they are layered without mixing
- Relies on prior knowledge of buoyancy, polar, and non-polar molecules
- Very versatile; you can use this as a class presentation, in small groups in a computer lab, or by individual students with Internet access at home or school
- Entertaining way to teach a concept