Buying a new sofa? Learn how to use the Pythagorean Theorem, as well as algebra and graphing techniques, to determine whether the sofa will fit around a corner (which I'm sure you'll agree is a very important consideration!).
12 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Instruct students to work in pairs so the measuring activity does not become tedious
- Graphing calculators are only listed in the materials as suggested, but the student worksheet assumes that graphing calculators are used; suggest having graphing calculators available
- The lesson starts with a simpler question and builds up to the leading question
- A wide-ranging number of standards is covered
- There is a typo in the answer key that incorrectly identifies the length of the original sofa