Create a sense of accountability among scholars with a instructional activity that focuses on making and keeping New Year's resolutions. Writers compose a five paragraph essay focused on three resolutions—promises to self improvement, to their family, and to their school work—while following the writing process.
- Invite pupils to share their essays with the class, either by reading it or casually explaining key details
- After implementing the lesson, hold small meetings with individuals to offer encouragement and tips for achieving their resolutions
- Requires computers or mobile learning devices for typing final drafts
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Encourages goal setting and looking at the past for future improvement