This Online Advertising: Crash Course Media Literacy video also includes:
Ever notice how that pair of shoes you looked at online last week seems to be following you? Introduce young consumers to the world of online advertising with a well-written, media literacy video, part of an ongoing series. Viewers discover the various ways advertisers use browsing history and social media to deliver appealing ads to your devices.
- Before the video, ask the class to describe how they think companies track their actions on the Internet
- As an in-class example, project a search for an item online for learners to see; over the next few weeks, do a little surfing and have everyone take note of where that item pops up!
- The resource is seventh in a series and mentions previous videos
- Great content gives pupils a heads up on important Internet security precautions
- The inclusion of historical advertising methods helps viewers understand just how much the Internet has changed things