This Painted Stage assessment also includes:
Find the area as it slides. Pupils derive an equation to find the painted area of a section of a trapezoidal-shaped stage The section depends upon the sliding distance the edge of the painted section is from a vertex of the trapezoid. Scholars use their equations to create graphs of the areas in terms of distance.
- Provide opportunities for the class where a numerical answer is not possible
- Assumes individuals know how to find areas of polygons
- Class members should be familiar with piecewise functions
- Includes an answer key for easier grading
- Contains a diagram to show the relationship of the variables