Gain greater insight into poems using a poetry analysis learning exercise. Here, scholars follow steps and answer questions to dissect any poem. Topics include the poem's meaning, theme, technique, and structure, as well as personal thoughts and feelings.
- Compare and contrast the analysis of the same poem between pupils and discuss their findings as a class
- Allow class members to choose a poem to analyze and share the analysis with their peers
- Copies are required
- Provide more detailed instructions on the writing of the analytical essay portion at the end of the resource
- The general outline of this resource allows any poem to be analyzed using the same questions
- Space to write is limited