Gain greater insight into poems using a poetry analysis worksheet. Here, scholars follow steps and answer questions to dissect any poem. Topics include the poem's meaning, theme, technique, and structure, as well as personal thoughts and feelings.
- Compare and contrast the analysis of the same poem between pupils and discuss their findings as a class
- Allow class members to choose a poem to analyze and share the analysis with their peers
- Copies are required
- Provide more detailed instructions on the writing of the analytical essay portion at the end of the resource
- The general outline of this resource allows any poem to be analyzed using the same questions
- Space to write is limited