This Resolving 2-Plane Traffic Conflicts by Changing Speed—Problem Set E activities & project also includes:
What do you do to change arrival times of airplanes when a different route is not available? The fifth interactive in a series of six presents problems where pupils must find solutions to conflicts of safety rules. They must decide how to change the speed of the airplanes so the planes arrive with the appropriate spacing.
- Have class members share how they solved the problems that are not included in the worksheets
- The class should know how to read the sector diagrams
- Individuals should understand the effects of changing speeds
- Contains an extension to use percents to solve the problems
- The answer key shows the analysis needed to arrive at a solution