This Responding to the Murder of Harry T. Moore interactive also includes:
Heroic civil rights leader Harry T. Moore is murdered! An eye-opening activity delves into the past to understand the murder of prominent civil rights leader and educator Harry Moore and his wife. Academics also read President Truman's response to the tragic event. Scholars participate in group discussion to compare President Truman's response to their own.
- Compare how Presidents Truman and Johnson responded to the civil rights movement
- Have pupils do additional research on the life and leadership of Mr. Moore
- Requires Internet access to complete the activity
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity is great for remote learning
- The resource provides a good opportunity to practice historical analysis