No there's no need to piece together computer science resources. A fun Made with Code project challenges scholars to develop a collage with a Rookie theme using computer code. They learn about encapsulation, objects, and properties in computer science as they add and modify different elements to their collage.
- Team up with an art teacher for the lesson
- Note that the stated intention of the resource is for a Back to School session, but the activity would be appropriate any time of the year
- Knowledge of scaling and of coordinate systems is beneficial
- Can be downloaded and shared as a GIF
- Provides helpful hints for the project